Migration from DB2 to PostgreSQL-ROLLUP() - Mailing list pgsql-general

From sachin kotwal
Subject Migration from DB2 to PostgreSQL-ROLLUP()
Date
Re: Migration from DB2 to PostgreSQL-ROLLUP()  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
While migrating my application from DB2 to PostgreSQL.

I want to migrate ROLLUP() function in PostgreSQL.

Example:
  SELECT WEEK(SALES_DATE) AS WEEK,
         DAYOFWEEK(SALES_DATE) AS DAY_WEEK,
         SUM(SALES) AS UNITS_SOLD
  FROM SALES
  GROUP BY ROLLUP ( WEEK(SALES_DATE), DAYOFWEEK(SALES_DATE) )
  ORDER BY WEEK, DAY_WEEK

This example shows two simple ROLLUP queries followed by a query which
treats the two ROLLUPs as grouping sets in a single result set and specifies
row ordering for each column involved in the grouping sets.

How can I migrate ROLLUP() function in PostgreSQL? or is there any similar
function in PostgreSQL which can done this job?