Re: ODBC SELECT Timeout - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From ter062424
Subject Re: ODBC SELECT Timeout
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hello Hiroshi,

I set UseServerSidePrepare=1 in /etc/odbcinst.ini and then ran odbcinst -i
-d -f /etc/odbcinst.ini.  The SELECT query over ODBC ran for about 1 hour,
and then died with:

SQLNumResultCols: -1/1; S1000/[unixODBC]No query has been executed with that
handle

One thing I have noticed is that it always runs for about 1 hour (usually
55-59 minutes) before it dies.  Is it possible that something is timing out
on the postgreSQL server side, or ODBC side?  I really appreciate the help
with this, if you have any other advice, I'll be glad to give it a try.  I
did research timeouts on the postgreSQL Server end, but it seemed to
indicate that the default is for it not to time out, and I haven't modified
anything in postgresql.conf except to have the system listen on 5432.

Regards,
Tom