Re: Beta 6 Regression results on Redat 7.0. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Beta 6 Regression results on Redat 7.0.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> DROP TABLE temptest;
> + NOTICE:  FlushRelationBuffers(temptest, 0): block 0 is referenced (private 0, global 1)
> + ERROR:  heap_drop_with_catalog: FlushRelationBuffers returned -2
> SELECT * FROM temptest;
>> Hoo, that's interesting ...  Exactly what fileset were you using again?

> When you say 'fileset', I'm assuming you are referring to the --schedule
> parameter --

No, I was wondering about whether you had an inconsistent set of source
files, or had managed to not do a complete rebuild, or something like
that.  The above error should be entirely impossible considering that
the table in question is a temp table that's not been touched by any
other backend.  If you did manage to get this from a clean build then
I think we have a serious problem to look at.

>> I think you might as well wait for RC1 as far as actually making RPMs
>> goes.  But do you want to let anyone else check out the RPM build
>> process?  For instance, I've been wondering what you did about the
>> which-set-of-headers-to-install issue.

> Oh, ok.  Spec file attached.  All other files needed are the beta6 tarball and
> the contents of the beta4-1 source rpm, with names changed to match the beta6
> version number.

OK, I will pull the files and try to replicate this on my own laptop.
Does anyone else have time to try to duplicate the problem tonight?
If it's replicatable at all, I think it's a release stopper.

> To directly answer your question, I'm using 'make install-all-headers' and
> stuffing it into the devel rpm in one piece at this time.

Works for me.