Hibernate + PostgreSQL (?) error - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David Alvarez
Subject Hibernate + PostgreSQL (?) error
Date
Re: Hibernate + PostgreSQL (?) error  (Craig Barnes <cjbarnes18@gmail.com>)
Re: Hibernate + PostgreSQL (?) error  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-novice
Hello,

I am currently attempting to work my way through the set of tutorials, posted by Koushik, on the subject of using Hibernate with PostgreSQL, and while I am not sure it is Postgres's fault (and therefore whether I am asking the right people), it certainly looks like it is.  So, to describe the problem:
I am using Eclipse Indigo to implement my Java 7 code (JDK v 1.7), which calls the hibernate (v 4.1.12, the latest) framework, which in turn (although currently it is only hopefully in the future) calls PostgreSQL (v 9.2), which will call the data and allow me to proceed with the tutorial.  However, when I try to run it Eclipse is reporting the current error (after apparently loading the hibernate framework correctly)

"ERROR: HHH000231: Schema export unsuccessful
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: database "localhost:5432/hibernatedb" does not exist"

Now, 'Schema export' sounds like a Hibernate thing (so please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place, although it is the 'novice' area, right?), and so does 'org.postgresql.util.PSQLException' (which looks like a Java library, to me), and I do know that the port #5432 is configured and running on my local machine, that db 'hibernatedb' does indeed exist, since I created and connected to it right before I tried to get this to run, and that I do have (or at least as far as I can tell) the correct driver installed in the right place in Eclipse (postgresql-9.2-1002.jdc4.jar as a 'referenced library')., so I am at a loss.  What did I do?  And most importantly, how do I fix it?  Do I need to copy/post any of the associated config.xml files, or any screen shots of Eclipse?  Where do I do this? (I 'm afraid that I am completely new to PSQL and Hibernate, and to this site).  Any assistance you could give would be greatly appreciated.  And thanks in advance.

Dave A.