Significance of Postgres (version 9.1.1) Compilation parameters - Performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jayashankar K B
Subject Significance of Postgres (version 9.1.1) Compilation parameters - Performance
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi All,

Could anyone explain me the significance of the following compile time parameters ?

1.     --disable-integer-datetimes

2.     --disable-float4-byval

3.     --disable-float8-byval

Do they have any effect on performance of postgres w.r.t speed of database insert/select, amount of CPU used during insert/select ?

How can I know the default compile time parameter values?

The environment in which we are trying to run postgres is a freescale MCF54xx controller based board having 512MB RAM, 2GB memory with custom built Linux (32-bit environment).

Thanks and Regards

Jayashankar

Larsen & Toubro Limited

www.larsentoubro.com

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.

 Earth Day. Every Day.