Re: compile warnings in CVS HEAD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: compile warnings in CVS HEAD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> I get the following warnings when compiling CVS HEAD:

> be-secure.c: In function `open_server_SSL':
> be-secure.c:719: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type

I saw someone else report this too, but it doesn't happen on my
machines.  Could you look into it and see just what the issue is?

> timestamp.c: In function `dttofmtasc_replace':
> timestamp.c:468: warning: `%g' yields only last 2 digits of year
> timestamp.c:606: warning: `%x' yields only last 2 digits of year in some
> locales

The recently-added ecpg library files exhibit half a dozen warnings on
my boxen.  I'm not sure whether Michael is ready to worry about
portability issues for that stuff yet.  I'm happy to cut him some slack
if he's not worried yet --- but agreed, I don't want to still be seeing
these messages when we approach release.  Michael, what's your take?
        regards, tom lane

PS: I think Michael just left on vacation, so we may not get an answer
for a couple weeks ...