Re: Dubious code in pg_rewind's process_target_file() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Dubious code in pg_rewind's process_target_file()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
> On 05/09/2020 21:18, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Or actually, maybe we should just drop the lstat call altogether?

> Agreed, the lstat() doesn't do anything interesting.
> This is refactored away by the patches discussed at
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/f155aab5-1323-8d0c-9e3b-32703124bf00%40iki.fi.
> But maybe we should still clean it up in the back-branches.

Ah, I'd not been paying much attention to that work, but I
see you are getting rid of the lstat().

I propose to remove the lstat() in the back branches, but not touch
HEAD so as not to cause extra merge effort for your patch.