ERROR: cannot use aggregate function in RETURNING (in UPDATE) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From dinesh
Subject ERROR: cannot use aggregate function in RETURNING (in UPDATE)
Date
List pgsql-novice
The pg UPDATE manpage states that... The syntax of the RETURNING list is
identical to that of the output list of SELECT.
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/sql-update.html)

But when I use it inside a function such as:

create or replace function foo() returns void as
$$
declare keys date[];
begin
  update fin set div = div where div < 0.02 returning array_agg(d) as keys;
  raise notice 'updated these %', keys;
  -- use the returned keys...
end; $$ language 'plpgsql';

And then run, in psql,
select * from foo();

I get an error saying cannot use aggregate function in RETURNING.

Is this a bug or a feature?

The fin table in question is a very tiny test table:
create table fin ( dt date, div real );

Will appreciate your help. What I want is the list of certain key columns
from the rows that were updated.

Thanks
Dinesh