Issue with ALTER Table. - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From BGoebel
Subject Issue with ALTER Table.
Date
List pgsql-odbc
The Catalog Schema seems not to be actualized when using ALTER Table.

I had reported a problem with adding NEW tables, which was corrected by
Hiroshi

http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/SQLDescribeCol-schema-cache-not-being-updated-completely-tt4372956.html

http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Error-Retrieving-Catalog-Info-tt4598955.html

When "altering" a Datatype of column the problem still exists:
Say, we have a column which is defined as varchar(40)
Now we want to double the field length to varchar(80)

  ALTER TABLE customer
     ALTER COLUMN address TYPE varchar(80),

When we retrieving the Catalog-Info the value of field length is 40
furthermore.

After a new connect we get the correct values and only after that writing /
reading to the altered field is working reliable.

Has someone found a another workaround, idea, hint preventing a reconnect?

regards,

BGoebel