Re: PostgreSQL and Ubuntu (and Evergreen) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and Ubuntu (and Evergreen)
Date
List pgsql-novice
Jeff Fox <JFox@museumofflight.org> wrote:

> I am installing Evergreen 2.2.3 library system

I had to do a web search to find out what that meant.  For the
benefit of others, this is application software "for libraries
that helps library patrons find library materials, and helps
libraries manage, catalog, and circulate those materials."

http://evergreen-ils.org/

> which uses PostgreSQL 9.

A major release in PostgreSQL is identified by everything before
the second dot.  9.0, 9.1, and 9.2 are have different feature sets.
Beyond that, it often helps to know the minot release because
there may be bug fixes in later minor releases which are relevant.
The best thing, where possible, is to show the output of running
this on a database connection:

SELECT version();

> Evergreen cannot “see” the database. If anyone out there would
> like to help, please let me know and I’ll send logs and error
> messages. I am royally stuck (and so close to completing the
> install!)

Logs and error messages are really needed for anyone to make a
useful suggestion.  Is there some reason you can't show the
relevant parts on this list?  If you do, you are very likely to get
a volunteer to offer advice.

You might want to browse this:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

--