Re: Materialized views WIP patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Materialized views WIP patch
Date
Re: Materialized views WIP patch  (Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:
> Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
>> Was the remaining work on docs done? I would like to test MVs and
>> am waiting for the docs completed.
>
> I think they are done.  If you notice anything missing or in need
> of clarification please let me know.  At this point missing docs
> would be a bug in need of a fix.

I decided to take another pass through to try to spot anyplace I
might have missed.  I found that I had missed documenting the new
pg_matviews system view, so I have just pushed that.

I also think that something should be done about the documentation
for indexes.  Right now that always refers to a "table".  It would
clearly be awkward to change that to "table or materialized view"
everywhere.  I wonder if most of thosse should be changed to
"relation" with a few mentions that the relation could be a table
or a materialized view, or whether some less intrusive change would
be better.  Opinions welcome.

--
Kevin Grittner
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company