Re: gitweb is no longer a real-time view - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: gitweb is no longer a real-time view
Date
List pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> Question still remains how then.
>
> Normally it should, AFAIK, refuse to do such a push without a --force.
> But admittedly, I don't know for sure exactly how those more complex
> setups work.
>
> Do you by any chance have any other git settings either in your local
> or in the repository config?
>
> Also, can someone who knows how that stuff is set up, explain why it's
> pushing anonymous/master in this case? Seems like it should just push
> the actual branch, no? Are those instructions for usage wrong?
>

>> kgrittn@Kevin-Desktop:~/pg/postgresql.git$ git remote --verbose
>> origin  ssh://git@gitmaster.postgresql.org/postgresql.git (fetch)
>> origin  ssh://git@gitmaster.postgresql.org/postgresql.git (push)
>> kgrittn@Kevin-Desktop:~/pg/postgresql.git$ cd ../master
>> kgrittn@Kevin-Desktop:~/pg/master$ pull
>> remote: Counting objects: 31, done.
>> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (16/16), done.
>> remote: Total 16 (delta 15), reused 0 (delta 0)
>> Unpacking objects: 100% (16/16), done.
>> From /home/kgrittn/pg/postgresql
>>   + 3a21ef1...b15a6da master    -> origin/master  (forced update)
>
> ^^ there's another forced update. Which seems to indicate that your
> git is doing forced updates by default in both directions.
>
> I have no idea how it would do that by default - I've always received
> an error when accidentally doing something like that...

Are there any files to look at besides these?:

kgrittn@Kevin-Desktop:~/pg/master$ cat ~/.gitconfig
[user]
        name = Kevin Grittner
        email = kgrittn@postgresql.org
[core]
        excludesfile = /home/kgrittn/.gitexcludesfile
        pager = less -x4
    editor = vim
kgrittn@Kevin-Desktop:~/pg/master$ cat .git/config
[core]
        repositoryformatversion = 0
        filemode = true
        bare = false
        logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
        fetch = +refs/heads/master:refs/remotes/origin/master
        url = /home/kgrittn/pg/postgresql
[branch "master"]
        remote = origin
        merge = refs/heads/master
        rebase = true
[remote "github"]
        url = git@github.com:kgrittn/postgres.git
        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/github/*
kgrittn@Kevin-Desktop:~/pg/master$ cat ../postgresql.git/config
[core]
        repositoryformatversion = 0
        filemode = true
        bare = true
[remote "origin"]
        fetch = +refs/*:refs/*
        mirror = true
        url = ssh://git@gitmaster.postgresql.org/postgresql.git

The rebase option was something I did because the Wiki instructions
told me to:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Committing_with_Git#Dependent_Clone_per_Branch.2C_Pushing_and_Pulling_From_a_Local_Repository

I don't think there is anything there which wasn't done per
instructions, but maybe the Wiki needs a fix?

--
Kevin Grittner
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company