View Vs. Table - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Radhika Sambamurti
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

I have two tables which currently are being aggregated into a third table.
I am proposing eliminating or drastically shortening the 3rd aggregation
table, and instead just using a View.

Which brings me to the question, which is better? Reading from a table or
a view or is there a difference in performance?

From the application's perspective the View is much better as data is
being stored in one place, reducing errors and also storage.
But from the db point of view, is there a bigger performace hit when I
query a view Vs a table or is there no difference.

Thanks,
Radhika

--
It is all a matter of perspective. You choose your view by choosing where
to stand.