Re: Materialized views WIP patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Materialized views WIP patch
Date
Re: Materialized views WIP patch  ("Erik Rijkers" <er@xs4all.nl>)
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> I suppose one should be able to expect that if one finds a view
> in the information schema, then one should be able to use DROP
> VIEW to remove it.  Which in this case wouldn't work.  So I don't
> think including a materialized view under views or tables is
> appropriate.

Right.  I think adding pg_matviews covers the stated use-case
enough to answer Erik's concern.  I'm not going to mess with adding
non-standard stuff to the standard views.

--
Kevin Grittner
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company