Re: Materialized views WIP patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Materialized views WIP patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I was wondering if material views should not go into
> information_schema.  I was thinking either .views or .tables.
> Have you considered this?

I had not considered this to be a good idea because
information_schema is defined by the standard, and materialized
views are an extension to the standard.  Someone using these views
to identify either tables or views might make a bad choice based on
this.  I'm open to arguments for inclusion, if you think it would
not violate the standard.  Which would be safe?

> Also, some documentation typos: please see attached.

Will apply.  Thanks.

--
Kevin Grittner
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company