Re: missing translation marker - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: missing translation marker
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> It seems there's a missing gettext() call in new code in hba.c, per the
> patch below.  I don't actually like this, but it seems the alternative
> would be to create a variadic function which I believe to be
> overengineering ...

Hmm ... if the second %s here is meant to be a list of auth method
names:

>      ereport(LOG, \
>              (errcode(ERRCODE_CONFIG_FILE_ERROR), \
>               errmsg("authentication option \"%s\" is only valid for authentication methods \"%s\"", \
> -                    optname, validmethods), \
> +                    optname, _(validmethods)), \
>               errcontext("line %d of configuration file \"%s\"", \
>                      line_num, HbaFileName))); \

then I argue that putting double quotes around it is wrong, too.

It might be technically correct to quote the individual method names
within the list that's being passed in, but I wouldn't bother.