Detecting mouse events in the SQL grid - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Kari Karkkainen
Subject Detecting mouse events in the SQL grid
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

I'm trying to add some additional mouse event detection into the SQL grid, but I'm not succeeding. Besides pgAdmin, also wxWidgets is new to me, so I'm probably missing something obvious...

The grid was already detecting EVT_MOUSEWHEEL, so I tried to use that as my guideline:

In ctlSQLGrid.h for the ctlSQLGrid class I added two private functions on the bottom:
private:
void OnCopy(wxCommandEvent &event);
void OnMouseWheel(wxMouseEvent &event);
void OnMouseLeftDown(wxMouseEvent &event);
void OnMouseLeftUp(wxMouseEvent &event);

In ctlSQLGrid.cpp I added two events:
BEGIN_EVENT_TABLE(ctlSQLGrid, wxGrid)
EVT_MENU(MNU_COPY, ctlSQLGrid::OnCopy)
EVT_MOUSEWHEEL(ctlSQLGrid::OnMouseWheel)
EVT_LEFT_DOWN(ctlSQLGrid::OnMouseLeftDown)
EVT_LEFT_UP(ctlSQLGrid::OnMouseLeftUp)
END_EVENT_TABLE()

An then in ctlSQLGrid.cpp I defined the functions e.g. like this:
void ctlSQLGrid::OnMouseLeftUp(wxMouseEvent &event)
{
SetTotals();
}

However, I never hit these functions by clicking the mouse, and I don't understand why. Would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
KariK