Re: PostgreSQL XAResource & GlassFish 3.1.2.2 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: PostgreSQL XAResource & GlassFish 3.1.2.2
Date
Re: PostgreSQL XAResource & GlassFish 3.1.2.2  (rhaman <rhaman@polarislabs.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:

> I think it's more like the JTA authors expect there to be methods
> in the underlying FE/BE protocol to associate/disassociate a
> transaction from the physical connection.

It does seem like we could implement more of the JTA features if an
XAConnection actually managed its own small pool of database
connections when necessary.  Whether there is enough demand to
merit the work involved is a whole different question.

If someone wanted it enough to pay for the work, I bet it could be
done.  :-)

--
Kevin Grittner
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company