Re: "pg_ctl promote" exit status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: "pg_ctl promote" exit status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:

> Not sure if that LSB section is relevant anyway. It specifies the
> exit codes for init scripts, but pg_ctl is not an init script.

Except that when I went to the trouble of wrapping pg_ctl with an
init script which was thoroughly LSB compliant (according to my
reading) and offered it to the community, everyone said that rather
than have such a complicated script it would be better to change
pg_ctl to include that logic and exit with an LSB compliant exit
code.

-Kevin