Re: Processing long AND/OR lists - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Processing long AND/OR lists
Date
Re: Processing long AND/OR lists  (Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im>)
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> ***15,000***?  I'd say that someone has an application design issue.
> Fixing the stack overflow is a good thing, but that query is never going
> to return ...

Yeah, the parser's stack consumption seems like only the tip of the
iceberg here.

I find it hard to visualize a use-case for so many AND'ed conditions
anyway.  I could believe a lot of OR'd conditions, but very likely it
would be a list that could and should be converted to an IN condition.