what could be blocking an insertion? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kent Tong
Subject what could be blocking an insertion?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

A few days ago an insertion operation issued by a JDBC client that was
blocked by
postgreSQL. I could verify that by issuing the operation using psql. My
question is,
what could be causing this? There were other JDBC clients but they never
lock any
tables. They all used transactions with the serializable isolation level. A
day or so
later the problem was gone.

Any idea? I need to prevent it from happening again. Thanks!

-----
--
Kent Tong
Wicket tutorials freely available at http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDW