Re: Corrupt indexes on slave when using pg_bulkload on master - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James Cowell
Subject Re: Corrupt indexes on slave when using pg_bulkload on master
Date
List pgsql-general
I saw that 9.1.7 was out and it had another bugfix in for WAL playback.

I installed it and ran my reproduction case and it no longer corrupts the index.

I reindexed the database I load into and did a full data load and the indexes still corrupt on the slave.

It does not appear to be related to constraint violation as one table is new rows only.

I will try and put together a new reproduction case this week.

Cheers,

James

From: James Cowell <jcowell@btinternet.com>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>
Cc: "pgsql-general@postgresql.org" <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Thursday, 13 December 2012, 12:26
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Corrupt indexes on slave when using pg_bulkload on master

Hi Jeff,

Thanks again for your reply.

>If there are no constraint violations, do you still see the problem?

Yes, I've stripped it down to an empty table with a 10 row load and the pk index on the secondary node still corrupts.

> Were there any older version on which it worked?

I'm afraid I started on 9.1.5, I upgraded to 9.1.6 when I had the initial problem due to the bugfix in the changelog to do with corrupt indexes on the secondary node but it hasn't resolved the issue.

> Can you post a minimal schema and control file to reproduce the problem?

I've attached a text file with details for table, load config file etc, is that everything you would need?

Cheers,

James