Re: Read recover rows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alejandro Carrillo
Subject Re: Read recover rows
Date
List pgsql-general
But pg_dirty_read only runs in Linux. It doesnt run in windows.

De: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>
Para: Alejandro Carrillo <fasterzip@yahoo.es>
CC: "pgsql-general@postgresql.org" <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Enviado: Jueves 13 de diciembre de 2012 21:51
Asunto: Re: [GENERAL] Read recover rows

Alejandro Carrillo escribió:
> Hi,
>
> 1) Anybody knows how to create a table using a table
> file? It isn't a fdw, is a file that compose the table in postgresql and
>  get with the pg_relation_filepath function. Ex:
>
>  select pg_relation_filepath('pg_proc');

Make sure the server is down and replace a table's file with the file
you have.  You can just create a dummy empty table with exactly the same
row type as the one that had the table the file was for; you need to
recreate dropped columns as well.

> 2) Anybody knows a JDBC or a multiplatform code that let read the delete rows of a table without writing of a table file?

You already tried pg_dirtyread, I imagine, after I suggested it to you
in the spanish list?  You can use it through JDBC.

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/