Re: Implicit casts to array types - Mailing list pgsql-general

From joshua
Subject Re: Implicit casts to array types
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks, that function does help, but it still cannot cast directly to text[];
The point of the functions was only ever to allow for an implicit cast to
text[];
My goal is to be able to copy from a simple csv with nonarray entries
("1,2,3,...") and extract text arrays when the target table calls for it by
creating an array of size 1. I believe this will require a custom implicit
cast from unknown to text[], but if there's a better way to do it, I'd love
to know.