Re: libpq on windows - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From rajashekar
Subject Re: libpq on windows
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
psql is too complex for me to analyze and I believe it's multithreaded
but anyway Ic ouldn't fathom anything substantially different when the
function PQsetdbLogin() is called (file startup.c).
It would probably be better to say what I've doing because it's
possible it's a mistake in some elementary aspect I haven't grasped.
Here is a sample program:

#include <libpq-fe.h>
#pragma comment(lib,"libpq.lib")
int main(void) {        PGconn     *conn;        conn = PQconnectdb("host=localhost");        return 0;
}

The import library was created with "impdef -f -a libpq.lib libpq.dll"
(borland) and impdef/implib (vc++).
This program works only when postgresql is running.

Thanks in advance

Gustavo Lopes

-----