Re: Cronjob to autobackup database - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Greg Williamson
Subject Re: Cronjob to autobackup database
Date
List pgsql-admin
A question --

If you copy the command exactly as the cron entry shows it, and, as the user who runs the cron job, paste it onto the
commandline and run it; what does the command do ?

If it runs from the command line, a few possibilities occur to me --

a) you didn't set the time to what you thought you did (been there, done that, easy to do).

b) Some missing part that the user's environment is providing (an ENV var, for example) but the cron job would not know
about.

If it does not run from the command line, that will probably give you a clue.

HTH,

Greg Williamson