Re: Database schema - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Williamson
Subject Re: Database schema
Date
List pgsql-general

Dhiraj --

>________________________________

createschema name ofbiz in the database "ofbiz"
> when I create database name "ofbiz" then the schema name "ofbiz" will create automatically.
>how it is possible if yes,
>
>Thanks
>Dhiraj Gupta

When a new database is created, the template is the builtin database called "template1".

If you create the schema in that database, that schema will be made part of any new database you make. You could also
makea new template database, create the schema in that one, and then create your new databases using the "WITH TEMPLATE
=" option in CREATE DATABASE. So if you have need of different schemas with different databases, that would be more
extensibleby making new templates, onjhe3 for each type./.

HTH,

Greg Williamson