Re: Correlation in pg_stats - Mailing list pgsql-general

From classical_89
Subject Re: Correlation in pg_stats
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks , i just want to get a correlation of near 0 to understand exactly
what correlation , i quite ambiguity about this concept . /
Statistical correlation between physical row ordering and logical ordering
of the column values. This ranges from -1 to +1. When the value is near -1
or +1, an index scan on the column will be estimated to be cheaper than when
it is near zero, due to reduction of random access to the disk. (This column
is null if the column data type does not have a < operator.)
/
I can not explain exactly what is/ physical row ordering and logical
ordering/ of the column values , can you explain to me with an simple
example ??