Storing float array - Mailing list pgsql-general

From KeesKling
Subject Storing float array
Date
List pgsql-general
HI.

I want to store an array of floats size about 50,000. My first Idea was to
store them in a column 'float[]', but using  JDBC and java it takes minutes
to convert the data and store it.
My next try was to use a column BYTEA and store the data as 'byte[]' and
that worked. Inspecting the data. Looking at clientside the data is OK, but
if I do that on the serverside wit PLPERL I found out that there is a big
increase in datasize and I found a lot of escape (\0)characters.
Is it possible to avoid these characters and store the bitearray as it is or
do I have to use another columntype or storing method.

Regards Kees Kling