Re: [HACKERS] Plan for straightening out the include-file mess - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Plan for straightening out the include-file mess
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Alex Pilosov <alex@acecape.com> writes:
> when I include files needed for SPI, it drags also a lot of other
> garbage in, which conflicts with other things (namely, trying to get a
> file to simultaneously include SPI and perl headers is impossible).
> I realise it might be a lot of pain to clean up, but, you may consider
> having a separate top-level include for SPI, which would not define (by
> default) things like DEBUG, USE_LOCALE, union semun, etc.

Unless you want to write SPI code that never calls elog(), it's gonna be
tough to avoid the conflict on DEBUG.  I suppose sooner or later we'll
have to rename the elog severity symbols ... but it's not a change that
I'm looking forward to making.

In any case there's too much time pressure to consider wide-ranging code
changes for 7.1.  Right now I don't want to do more than rearrange the
contents of a small number of include files.
        regards, tom lane