Re: Rough estimate of number of downloads per year/month/day? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: Rough estimate of number of downloads per year/month/day?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

On Thu, 2012-10-25 at 14:12 +0200, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> But presumably, the numbers that MySQL etc. would be producing would
> be similar, since they would not be able to accurately obtain numbers
> from package repos, etc.

I think what Josh refers is our official package repositories, like RPM
and the upcoming DEB packages, plus 1-click installers from
EnterpriseDB downloads. Not sure that MySQL has such repos.

OTOH, PostgreSQL has also a wide usage from the distro repositories for
sure, like MySQL.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ