Re: How to avoid base backup in automated failover - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From chinnaobi
Subject Re: How to avoid base backup in automated failover
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hey Haas,

What does the standby server have to wait for replication to catch up before
promoting ?? Is there any parameter to configure this ??

Few more questions on this part

1. How could we ensure the standby has received all transactions sent by
primary till the point primary server is dead. (Meaning the dead primary and
standby server are exactly same, so that the dead primary comes back it can
be turned to standby without any issues).

2. When the dead primary is turned to standby the streaming is not happening
due to current_wal_location is ahead in the standby server is ahead of
wal_sent_location. In this case how can I start streaming without taking a
fresh base backup ??

3. When the dead primary comes back the DB still accepts data and it goes to
out of sync with the current primary and streaming won't start. Is there any
solution for this case ??

Reddy.