Re: ALTER command reworks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: ALTER command reworks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Kohei KaiGai's message of lun sep 10 08:08:32 -0300 2012:

> As attached, I split off the original one into three portions; for set-schema,
> set-owner and rename-to. Please apply them in order of patch filename.

Hmm, in the first patch, it seems to me we can simplify
AlterObjectNamespace's signature: instead of passing all the details of
the object class (cache Ids and attribute numbers and so on), just do

AlterObjectNamespace(catalog-containing-object, objectId, newNamespaceOid)

AlterObjectNamespace then looks up the catcache_oid and so on
internally.  The only difference from what's happening in the submitted
patch is that in the AlterCollationNamespace case, AlterObjectNamespace
would have to look them up instead of getting them directly from the
caller as the patch currently has it.