Re: feature request - restore with create - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: feature request - restore with create
List pgadmin-support
On Thu, 2012-09-20 at 17:55 +0000, Belbin, Peter wrote:
> This applies to the latest 1.16 pgAdmin release:
>
> Unless I am mistaken, via pgAdmin, we can only restore a database that exists.

You're not mistaken.

> Ie: we have to select the database, secondary-click, and then choose 'restore'.
>
> How about the option being added to the 'database' element in the tree, and then be able to restore a database (with
the--create) option so that we don't have to manually create the db before it gets restored?

Could be interesting.

> pg_restore supports this - so why not pgAdmin?

Noone shown any interest in it. It might be interesting.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info