Re: _FORTIFY_SOURCE by default? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: _FORTIFY_SOURCE by default?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Maybe we're talking past each other.  What I thought you meant was
> adding this #define unconditionally, without any awareness of what it
> might do on particular platforms.  If you are thinking of adding it
> only on platforms where it is considered standard, I can live with
> that.

I had suggested to put it into src/include/port/linux.h

> Another point to consider here is that (at least on Red Hat) I believe
> this enables address-space randomization; which is something I very
> much do not want to happen in debug builds.

I doubt that a preprocessor symbol has anything to do with address-space
randomization.  You are probably thinking of some other option that
comes in with the hardening/security flags.