Re: Dropping a column on parent table doesn't propagate to children? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vincent Veyron
Subject Re: Dropping a column on parent table doesn't propagate to children?
Date
List pgsql-general
Le mercredi 29 août 2012 à 13:05 -0400, Moshe Jacobson a écrit :
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Vincent Veyron <vv.lists@wanadoo.fr>
> wrote:
>         Le mercredi 29 août 2012 à 09:48 -0400, Moshe Jacobson a
>         écrit :
>
>         > Questions:
>         > 1. If I want the inherited table's columns indexed the same
>         way as the
>         > parent, must I create new indexes on the inherited table?
>         > 2. If I move the inherited table to a new schema, will its
>         > also be moved into the new schema?
>         > 3. Any difference in behavior regarding check constraints,
>         schemas,
>         > indexes, etc that I should be aware of between inherited
>         tables
>         > created with pure inheritance as opposed to "like
>         <parent_table>"?
>         >

>         The 'LIKE' section of the documentation for CREATE TABLE
>         explains it :
>
>         http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-createtable.html
>

> I don't see the answers to #1 and #2 there...

Quote :

Any indexes on the original table will not be created on the new table,
unless the INCLUDING INDEXES clause is specified.

I don't use schemas personnally, but if you do, I suggest you test and
see what happens

--
Vincent Veyron
http://marica.fr/