external_pid_file not removed on postmaster exit - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject external_pid_file not removed on postmaster exit
Date
Re: external_pid_file not removed on postmaster exit
List pgsql-hackers
It seems strange that the external_pid_file is never removed.  There is
even a C comment about it:

/* Should we remove the pid file on postmaster exit? */

I think it should be removed with proc_exit hook just like the main
postmaster.pid file.

Does anyone remember why this was not done originally or have any
concerns?