Re: Re: BUG #6712: PostgreSQL 9.2 beta2: alter table drop constraint does not work on inherited master table - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Re: BUG #6712: PostgreSQL 9.2 beta2: alter table drop constraint does not work on inherited master table
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Excerpts from Noah Misch's message of lun jul 16 11:12:01 -0400 2012:

> As a side question for the list, should we fix this differently in 9.2 to
> avoid forcing an initdb for the next beta?  Perhaps have
> ATExecDropConstraint() only respect connoinherit for CONSTRAINT_CHECK?

My answer here was "yes", so the patch I just pushed to the 9.2 branch
contains such an override.  I also included a catversion bump in HEAD
even though the catalog inconsistency is likly to be very minor.

Thanks.

--=20
=C3=81lvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>