Re: How can I get a column INT4 to be UNSIGNED ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How can I get a column INT4 to be UNSIGNED ?
Date
List pgsql-general
> Is there a reason for not supporting unsigned types?

Other than "it's not in any SQL standard", you mean?

Right now I'd resist adding such types because the numeric type
resolution rules are already a hairy mess.  If we ever get those
straightened out to the point where unadorned constants are reliably
interpreted "the right way", we could take another look to see if
unsigned types could be added without plunging everything back into
chaos.  I wouldn't hold my breath for it though.

            regards, tom lane