pgadmin3 crashes upon connecting - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From fpacchiani
Subject pgadmin3 crashes upon connecting
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hello,

I have problems connecting to a database with pgadmin3, the application
crashes and the following error message appears:

pgadmin3: symbol lookup error: pgadmin3: undefined symbol: PQconninfoParse

I am using PostgreSQL 8.3 and I have read on the web after googeling that it
was linked to the libpq library that must be upgraded to a to a more recent
version (Postgres 8.4+). I checked what version of libpq is installed and
it's libpq.so.5.

$ ldd $(which pgadmin3) | grep libpq       libpq.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libpq.so.5 (0x00007f29f42f1000)

Is this library version correct? How can I solve this problem?
Postgres 8.3.15 and PgAdmin3 1.22.2 are installed on a machine running
Mandriva 2011.

Thanks for any help.
Francesco