Re: BUG #5609: Exclusive Locks & Permission - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #5609: Exclusive Locks & Permission
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Rob Brucks <rob.brucks@rackspace.com> writes:
> Is there any alternative I can use to prevent the exclusive lock (other than changing the app, we don't have access
tothe source code)?

Not directly.  You might be able to do something with hiding the tables
in schemas that the unprivileged user hasn't got USAGE rights on, so
that he can't even name them.  But I suspect that having to qualify
table names with schema names is more code change than you want.

            regards, tom lane