Re: Lift line-length limit for pg_service.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Lift line-length limit for pg_service.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> On 22 Sep 2020, at 23:24, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> In the same vein, here's a patch to remove the hard-coded line length
>> limit for tsearch dictionary files.

> LGTM.  I like the comment on why not to return buf.data directly, that detail
> would be easy to miss.

Yeah.  In a quick scan, it appears that there is only one caller that
tries to save the result directly.  So I considered making that caller
do a pstrdup and eliminating the extra thrashing in t_readline itself.
But it seemed too fragile; somebody would get it wrong and then have
excess space consumption for their dictionary.