Re: what can go in root.crt ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: what can go in root.crt ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net> writes:
> Sure. It seems sensible to me to start by documenting /what/ it is doing
> now, and to what extent that should be called "its standard behavior"
> versus "the way libpq is calling it", because even if nothing is to be
> changed, there will be people who need to be able to find that information
> to understand what will and won't work.

Fair enough.  I'm certainly prepared to believe that there might be things
we're doing with that API that are not (anymore?) considered best
practice.  But I'd want to approach any changes as "what is considered
best practice", not "how can we get this predetermined behavior".