Re: Bug #6593, extensions, and proposed new patch policy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Bug #6593, extensions, and proposed new patch policy
Date
Re: Bug #6593, extensions, and proposed new patch policy  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of mié abr 18 13:05:03 -0300 2012:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> > Per bug #6593, REASSIGN OWNED fails when the affected role owns an
> > extension.  This would be trivial to fix if extensions had support code
> > for ALTER EXTENSION / OWNER, but they don't.  So the only back-patchable
> > fix right now seems to be to throw an error on REASSIGN OWNED when the
> > user owns an extension.  (If anyone wants to claim that we ought to work
> > on a real fix that allows changing the owner internally from REASSIGN
> > OWNED, without introducing ALTER EXTENSION support for doing so, let me
> > know and I'll see about it.)
>
> I would be OK with the latter.

Here's a patch for that.

Attachment