Re: slow get_actual_variable_range with long running transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: slow get_actual_variable_range with long running transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc Cousin <cousinmarc@gmail.com> writes:
> Of course, what happens here is that the histogram says that max(a) is 1000000, and get_actual_variable_range
verifiesthe real upper bound. And has to read quite a few dead index records.

We've revised that logic several times to reduce the scope of the
problem.  Since you didn't say which PG version you're using exactly,
it's hard to offer any concrete suggestions.  But I fear there's
not a lot you can do about it, other than upgrading if you're on a
pre-v11 release.