double check the role has what's kind of the privilege? And the same for the objects. Thanks. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From leaf_yxj
Subject double check the role has what's kind of the privilege? And the same for the objects. Thanks.
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All friends. Thanks for you guys reply my questions. You helps me a lot.
THank you billions.  Another help. THanks.

After I create table and roles. I want to double check I grant the proper
privileges to the users. I can
use \dp and \z command to check the objects privilege.  I can user pg_authid
to check the system privilege grantee to the users. Am I right??????? the
below is what I get from my test database.

Q : what's the  differences between \dp and \z.

Thanks.
Regards.

Grace

rrp=# \dp
                     Access privileges for database "rrp"
 Schema | Name |   Type   |                 Access privileges
--------+------+----------+---------------------------------------------------
 rrp    | c    | sequence |
 rrp    | p    | sequence |
 rrp    | se1  | sequence |
 rrp    | t1   | table    |
{grace=arwdxt/grace,user1=ar/grace,user2=r/grace}
 rrp    | t2   | table    | {grace=arwdxt/grace,user1=r/grace}

rrp=# \z
                     Access privileges for database "rrp"
 Schema | Name |   Type   |                 Access privileges
--------+------+----------+---------------------------------------------------
 rrp    | c    | sequence |
 rrp    | p    | sequence |
 rrp    | se1  | sequence |
 rrp    | t1   | table    |
{grace=arwdxt/grace,user1=ar/grace,user2=r/grace}
 rrp    | t2   | table    | {grace=arwdxt/grace,user1=r/grace}

(5 rows)rrp=# select
rolname,rolsuper,rolinherit,rolcreaterole,rolcreatedb,rolcanlogin from
pg_authid;
 rolname | rolsuper | rolinherit | rolcreaterole | rolcreatedb | rolcanlogin
 gpadmin | t        | t          | t             | t           | t
 grace   | f        | t          | f             | t           | t
 user1   | f        | t          | f             | f           | t
 user2   | f        | t          | f             | f           | t
 user4   | f        | t          | f             | f           | t
(5 rows)