Re: patch for parallel pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: patch for parallel pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Andrew Dunstan's message of mié mar 14 17:39:59 -0300 2012:

> pgpipe used to be used in pgstat.c, but that's no longer true in any
> live branch, so it's probably long dead. I'd be inclined to rip it out
> if possible rather than expand its use.

our pgpipe() function is interesting -- all the callers that use it
first verify that they aren't WIN32.  If they are, they are using a
#define that makes it plain pipe().  And the function is only defined in
WIN32.  It seems a reasonable idea to kill both pgpipe() and piperead().