Re: functions returning sets - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: functions returning sets
Date
List pgsql-general
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> [ scratches head ... ]  Right at the moment I don't see where
>> ShutdownExprContext gets called during a ReScan operation.  I'm quite
>> sure it once was ... there may be another bug here ...

After further looking I've realized that memory is misserving me here;
having ReScan call ShutdownExprContext was not something that ever got
done.  Instead I have an entry on my personal todo list that says

: Need to invent ExprContextRescan and call it at appropriate places.
: Knowing where all the econtexts are seems like the hard part ... though
: maybe we only care about econtexts that might contain set-returning
: functions, which might limit it to the targetlist...

A perfectly clean solution would require being careful to reset *all*
econtexts, which might be thought rather a lot of work to support a
feature that's eventually going to be deprecated anyway (viz, SRFs
outside of FROM).  I'll see about the tlist-only case though.

            regards, tom lane