Re: BUG #13638: Exception texts from plperl has bad encoding - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #13638: Exception texts from plperl has bad encoding
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce@pobox.com> writes:
> I think you want to call croak_sv(SV) with an SV containing the error
> message and flagged as UTF-8.

I found croak_sv() in the headers for Perl 5.18 (present on OS X Yosemite)
but not in Perl 5.10 (present on RHEL6), much less 5.8 which is the oldest
Perl version we claim to support.  This doesn't look like a workable
answer unless we want to move the compatibility goalposts a long way.

            regards, tom lane