RE: [GENERAL] FOREIGN KEY syntax - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrzej Mazurkiewicz
Subject RE: [GENERAL] FOREIGN KEY syntax
Date
List pgsql-general
The following information is based on gram.y file of postgres sources

FOREIGN KEY ( columnList ) REFERENCES tableName [ ( columnList) ] [MATCH
FULL] [ON DELETE action] [ON UPDATE action]

[[NOT] DEFERRABLE] [INITIALLLY {IMMEDIATE | DEFERRED}] (not all matches are
allowed)

"action" is  {NO ACTION | RESTRICT | CASCADE | SET NULL_P | SET DEFAULT }

[ .. ] means optional elements
{  .. | .. | ..} means exactly one of

Regards,
Andrzej Mazurkiewicz